December 22nd, 2014:
We have released Street Sense Version 2.4. Highlights include:
• “Questionable Life Status” Algorithm. This algorithm contains patients who have gone through the 911 system who may have passed away. If a patient shows up in this algorithm, it indicates that case managers should follow up to see if the patient has either passed away, or has had a serious, life-threatening event and thus may need additional resources.
• User Activity Report
• Narrative Review Report
December 18th, 2014:
We have released onScene Version 2.10. Highlights of this version include:
• Ability to send referrals to 211.
• Real-time, cloud-to-cloud Zoll EKG Monitor Integration
• Numerous enhancement to the Mobile and Server applications based on requests from our onScene User Group
August 20th, 2014:
We have released onScene Version 2.9. This version includes:
• W.A.T.E.R. Billing Export Module, which allows agency administrators to set agency-specific billing parameters for incidents to be sent to any billing company in a NEMSIS 2 format.
July 23rd, 2014: As of July 23rd, 2014, Street Sense is now integrated with Community Information Exchange San Diego (CIE San Diego). This non-profit community organization strives to increase information sharing between social services and care providers in San Diego. CIE San Diego has worked to put the infrastructure in place to enable various individuals and entities in the health and social services arena to share sensitive data via safe and effective means. Street Sense naturally fit with aims of this organization, and vice versa. Now, with patient consent, demographic and 911 encounter data will be sent from Street Sense to CIE San Diego. The intention is to use the data to further help San Diego’s most vulnerable populations. For more information on CIE San Diego, click here.
June 2nd, 2014: We have now adopted Street Sense into the repertoire of W.A.T.E.R. Technologies.
March 5th, 2014:
We have released onScene Version 2.8. This version includes:
• QA Module. This module provides a robust Quality Assurance selection and tracking system for all our client agencies.
• Regional Transfer Hub, which allows agencies who use onScene to transfer incidents from the mobile application to any other agency using onScene within a set radius.
• Ability to add attachments to PCRs.
• Ability to fax or email EKG attachments to hospitals.
• Automated San Diego County first responder reimbursement report.